RedRibbon

Read-Write-Review

Let me entertain you, no wait isn't that taken already. Reading and writing are my passion just ask the neglected family.

Farsighted

Farsighted - Emlyn Chand Alex Kosmitoras's life has never been easy. He is always on the outside, never fitting in. His mother is very protective, father distant and to add to this, he's blind. Knowing he will never have a normal life he meets a girl, that will change everything he knows. Simmi is smart, nice, and actually wants to be friends with Alex.

With her arrival comes an unexpected ability. Although he can't see, he can now experience the future. Unable to ignore his 'visions' he is drawn to a mysterious psychic. He believes Simmi is in mortal danger and maybe the psychic can help. Alex must take a journey in order to explore his gifts and hopefully to change the future.

I have never read a book from this point of view. I liked the way the description of all around Alex is by smell and sometimes touch, it does give a slight feeling of claustrophobia. Sometimes I felt the language felt a little off for teenagers but there are points as when Alex throws his food at Shapri. The writing on the whole is good, it really flows and found myself getting through it with ease.

There were a couple of points that I was unsure about. I know his mother is overprotective but as a teenage boy it doesn't feel right when he crawls into her bed and how did the psychic know what Alex saw?

I loved the fact that in order to help with his visions they try the traditional methods but an energy drink does the trick. It's a nice touch. Emlyn mixes the traditional with the modern throughout together with the Indian and American culture. It works well and has a nice build up to the end.